Easter Events and Egg Hunts in Cape May County NJ 2014
Here is a listing of Easter Holiday Events, and Easter Egg Hunts in Cape May County NJ 2014
Middle Township Easter Scramble
Saturday, April 12th from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Where: Martin Luther King Center – 207 W Main St, Whitesboro
The Middle Township Department of Recreation will celebrate spring with the Township’s annual Easter Scramble April 12. The day-long Easter Scramble event will begin the Martin Luther King Center in Whitesboro and conclude at the Davies Sports Complex in Goshen.
Families are invited to the King Center between the hours of 8-10 a.m. to have breakfast with the Easter Bunny. Breakfast with the Easter Bunny costs $5 per person and includes a free picture. The activities switch to the Davies Sports Complex beginning at 11:30 a.m. when the Middle Township Department of Recreation presents many free activities for children and their parents which include food, drinks, and a visit by the Easter Bunny. The Township’s popular Easter Scramble event will occur at 1:15 p.m. where children will be able to hunt for Easter eggs that contain candy, prizes, and toys. In addition, the Middle Township Environmental Committee will be handing out free tree seedlings to parents who attend the Easter Scramble. For more information, please visit www.middletownship.com
Saturday, April 12th from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Where: Cape May County Park and Zoo – 707 North Route 9, Cape May Court House
Spring has finally sprung and with it comes the annual Cape May County Park and Zoo Easter Egg Hunt, scheduled for April 12 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. The Easter Bunny himself will once again be at the Zoo posing for pictures with children after the Easter Egg Hunt. The Board of Chosen Freeholders invites children of all ages to visit the Bunny and all the animals in the Zoo for this free event.
The Eggstravaganza will kick off with an Easter Egg Hunt in the park at 10 a.m., followed by an opportunity for a picture with the Bunny and fun family activities that include educational displays, crafts and live animal encounters. Freeholder Marie Hayes who oversees the Park and Zoo pointed out that, “In keeping with the Park and Zoo’s ongoing “green” initiatives, the eggs for the hunt will eco-friendly, made from corn rather than plastic. With Earth Day approaching, the Staff at the Park and Zoo likes to remind everyone of the importance of our environment, and small steps add up to make a huge difference”.
“This is the eleventh year the Bunny has visited the Cape May County Park and Zoo and it has become a family tradition with many spending the day to visit the more than 500 animals that call the Zoo their home. Please remember to bring your camera to take pictures with the Bunny”, Hayes added. Due to construction on the Garden State Parkway at Exit 11, Crest Haven Road is closed west of the Garden State Parkway. It is advised that those traveling from the North use Exit 13 to Route 9, those traveling from the South should take Exit 10 to Route 9 to get to the Park and Zoo.
Doo Dah Parade
Saturday, April 12th from 12 p.m.
Where: Asbury Ave, Ocean City
Say goodbye to tax season with this comedy parade complete with over 500 basset hounds. The parade will take place on Asbury Ave. from 6th St. – 12th St. and then will travel up to the Boardwalk ending at the Music Pier. Pieasco follows the parade – a mass pie in the face extravaganza! For more information, call 609-525-9300.
The Great Egg Hunt
Saturday, April 12th from 2:30 p.m.
Where: The beach at 11th – 14th Streets, Ocean City
The Hunt will be divided into age groups and will feature 100,000 eggs! 5,000 of them will be filled with prizes. In case of rain, the event will be rescheduled for April 13th.
Dennis Township Annual Easter Egg Hunt
Sunday, April 13th from 1 to 2 p.m.
Where: Dennis Township Recreation Complex – 565 Dennisville Rd, South Dennis
Open to children ages 10 and younger. Please arrive between 12:30 – 12:50 p.m. The Hunt will be held rain or shine. For more information, call 609-861-1045
Easter Egg Hunts:
- Saturday, April 5, 2014. Freeman Douglass Memorial Park, Lower Township ~ 10:00am ~ For more information call (609)886-7880
- Wednesday, April 9, 2014. Dealy Field, Sea Isle City ~ Easter Program at 4:30pm ~ For more information call (609)263-0050
- Saturday, April 12, 2014. Cape May County Park & Zoo, Cape May Court House ~ Egg Hunt beginning at 10:00am ~ For more information call (609)465-5271
- Saturday, April 12, 2014. Davies Sports Complex, Goshen ~ Egg Scramble begins at 1:15pm SHARP ~ For more information call (609)465-8743 x.9
- Saturday, April 12, 2014. 11th-14th St Beaches, Ocean City ~ Egg Hunts at 2:30pm, following parade. There will be 5 age groups ~ For more information, call (609)399-0505
- Sunday, April 13, 2014. Dennis Twp Recreation Complex, South Dennis ~ Arrive between 12:30-12:50. Hunt starts at 1:00pm. Ages 10 and under. ~ For more information call (609)861-1045
- Saturday, April 19, 2014. Cape May Elementary School, Cape May ~ Kiwanis Egg Hunt at 10:00am ~ For more information, call (609)884-8888
- Saturday, April 19, 2014. 19th & Beach, North Wildwood ~ Elks Egg Hunt at 12;00 noon for kids 11 & under ~ For information call (609)729-2170
- Saturday, April 19, 2014. 11th-14th St Beaches, Ocean City ~ Egg Hunts at 2:30pm. There will be 5 age groups ~ For more information, call (609)399-0505
- Sunday, April 20, 2014. Congress Hall, Cape May ~ Egg hunts at 11:00am and 12:30pm ~ For information, call (609)884-6583
- Sunday, April 20, 2014. Ed’s Funcade, 23rd & Boardwalk, North Wildwood ~Egg Hunt and prizes for kids under 12 at 12:00-1:30pm ~ For more information, call (609)729-3223